Friday, November 30, 2007

Make a "note to self" the next time you eat

Making a note to self after you eat a food or drink is the best way to learn which foods support, nourish and feed you and more importantly which foods affect you in a negative way.

For example, for Thanksgiving my Dad brought the most divine death by chocolate cake for desert. Last night Johnn (my hubby) sliced me a piece (I didn't want it) of the leftover death by chocolate cake which I ate with joy and gratitude.

The down side to the death cake was that the rich, dark chocolate affected my quality of sleep. When I woke up at 5 a.m. to teach Yoga, I made a "note to self" about how eating chocolate within three hours of bedtime keeps me up and affects the quality of my sleep.

Now I know and knowledge is power and freedom.

Next time you feel off after eating a certain food make a "note to self." Most importantly keep your "notes to self" and next time the same or similar situation arises remember what you learned! Trust yourself.

Love and Health,
Amanda Moxley
Holistic Nutrition and Life Balance Expert
www.eating4energy.com


No comments: