Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Women, Why are We So Hard on Ourselves?

Yesterday I was working with several of my amazing, intelligent and beautiful clients and they each shared with me their desires to lose their "upper thigh flab", their "flabby bellies" and their "flabby arms."

I couldn't help but to feel a little sad. What I see in them is their beauty, intelligences, their strong feminine bodies, their kindness and grace.

What saddens me is that we women are so hard on ourselves. We beat ourselves up black and blue with our mean thoughts and hurtful feelings.

What if we could love ourselves as much as we love a new born baby? What if we could nourish and soothe ourselves like we would a child? What if we could become our own best friend and commit to always loving and cherishing ourselves?

That is my hope for the day, may all women everywhere recognize the divinity and magic in themselves.

Love,
Amanda

No comments: