Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Burgers, Fries and Beer!


Why I ate a hamburger and fries and drank a beer yesterday.

First and foremost, I must confess yes, father I did it a cheeseburger, fries and drank a beer. Yes, I am a holistic health counselor and a Yoga teacher.

I woke up yesterday with glee in my heart. It was sunny and bright. I woke Johnn up and we rushed to the ski resort to enjoy a beautiful day of skiing fast and feeling filled with freedom.

Halfway through our day, we hiked and traversed for 20 minutes to the most beautiful bowl of steep, tree lined powder. We jumped in and laughed the whole way down.

Back on the lift, ready for more I thought to myself, “I really want a Burger.” Johnn absolutely loves when I talk like that and he really listens when I do because it only happens once or twice a year!

So last night at a pub we enjoyed a burger, fries and a beer.

The moral of this story is to listen to your body.

The interesting thing was that after the burger, beer and fries (and skiing all day), I felt tired. So what did I do? I picked myself up with four squares of dark chocolate and made it through the night!

The next time you get a craving for something “unhealthy” what are you going to do?

The best thing about my burger and fries dinner was that I listened to my body ate what it wanted and then let it go. Years ago I was unable to do this.

I think the most important thing to do is bounce back the next day by eating really healthy, nutritious and delicious food!

Thanks for reading!

Amanda Moxley
Certified Holistic Health Counselor
Holistic Nutrition and Life Balance Expert
www.eating4energy.com

No comments: